(Pictured above: a few of the shells and shark’s teeth I’ve collected over the years)
Another day of struggling to find something positive to say and finally remembered it is about perception. Choose your thoughts, even though it took me 3 days to get back on track. I’m pretty sure this will be the cycle of writing for me and I’ve decided to stop beating myself up over it. It won’t help me write, it just adds to the mental block.
Most people who know me well, know that I’m a simple woman. Do not misunderstand, I am complicated, yes, but it’s the small things that make me happy. I’d be happy to be somewhere other than here, like on an actual vacation to some beach in Florida, alternating between walking and shark’s teeth hunting and catching some rays while sipping on all the Fiji water I wanted. Told you, small things.
I’ve found some happy and appreciative thoughts. It’s hurting my brain because my stinking thinking still wants to stick around and run the show. I’m pushing through. Here are a few small things that have made me smile or happy so far this week.
- Air-conditioning. (range of temps in my car 100-113 degrees)
- Talking to my son on the phone instead of just texting.
- I work from home.
- Oreo’s. (More specifically the Golden ones).
- Being able to focus for an entire hour of television and forget my worries.
- Hugs from my nieces and nephew. Funny things my 3 y/o nephew says like first thing in the morning when he sees me before my coffee and shower, “Hey Aunt Myrna, are you sick?” LOL!
- The fact that I worked 3 days last week (in addition to my full-time job), helping a disabled person and my check allotted me enough money to buy a small new wardrobe.
- Finding out about the sales online at JCPenney and buying tops for $4 and shoes for $8 and stocking my closet that was full of only the same cheap flimsy t-shirts in different colors. I’ve worked from home for 2 1/2 years so that was not a problem but now I’m trying to find another career path since voice recognition technology is taking over and the jobs of actual typist/medical transcribers are becoming obsolete. For interviews I need to wear something besides t-shirts and flip flops, or has that changed?
- A neighbor across the street that I have never met allowing me to use his special glasses to see the eclipse.
- My current hours allow me enough daylight time to get out and get things done and soak up some some rays in the 30 seconds it takes me to get from car to building and vice versa.
All the Small Things….pay attention and you will appreciate as well.